Koç Holding A.Ş. (Turkish pronunciation: ) is the largest industrial conglomerate in Turkey, and the only company in the country to enter the Fortune Global 500 list as of 2016. The company, headquartered in Nakkaştepe, Istanbul, is controlled by the Koç family, one of Turkey's wealthiest families. The company was formed in 1963 when founder Vehbi Koç, who established his first firm in 1926, combined all of the companies bearing his name into Koç Holding.
Type Anonim Şirket BİST: KCHOL Industry Conglomerate Founded 1963 Founder Vehbi Koç Headquarters Worldwide Products Energy, automotive, consumer durables, finance, retail, construction, tourism, shipping, defence, information technology, investment, food Revenue ₺143.2 billion
($30 billion) (2018)
₺5.5 billion (2018) Total assets ₺125.3 billion (2018) Total equity ₺33.3 billion (2018) 120,304 Subsidiaries Website www.koc.com.tr
Koç Holding A.Ş. (Turkish pronunciation: ) is the largest industrial conglomerate in Turkey, and the only company in the country to enter the Fortune Global 500 list as of 2016. The company, headquartered in Nakkaştepe, Istanbul, is controlled by the Koç family, one of Turkey's wealthiest families.
The company was formed in 1963 when founder Vehbi Koç, who established his first firm in 1926, combined all of the companies bearing his name into Koç Holding.
The first firm that was to become Koç Holding was established in 1926 by Vehbi Koç.
In 1984, Vehbi Koç handed his position as chairman of the board over to his son Rahmi M. Koç.
In September 1988, the company moved its headquarters from Fındıklı, Istanbul, to Nakkaştepe on the Anatolian part of Istanbul.
On April 4, 2003, Rahmi Koç retired and handed his position over to his eldest son Mustafa V. Koç. Rahmi Koç retained the title of honorary chairman and a seat on the board of directors.
In February 2015, Levent Çakıroğlu replaced Turgay Durak as CEO.
In 2016 Q1, Omer Koc became the chairman of the board following the death of Mustafa V. Koç.
The shares of 16 Koç Group companies are traded on the Istanbul Stock Exchange; together, the groups comprise 113 companies, 90,000 employees, and 14,000 dealers, agencies, and after-sales services people.
- Akpa A.Ş.
- Arçelik A.Ş. – the electronics and home appliances division which includes Beko and Grundig
- Arçelik LG Klima San. Tic. A.Ş.
- Ark İnşaat A.Ş.
- Aygaz A.Ş.
- Aygaz Doğal Gaz Toptan Satış A.Ş.
- Beko A and NZ Pty Ltd
- Beko Deutschland GMBH
- Beko Egypt Trading LLC
- Beko Electrical Appliances Co. Ltd.
- Beko Electronics Espana S.L.
- Beko France S.A.S
- Beko Italy S.r.l.
- Beko LLC
- Beko P.L.C
- Beko S.A.
- Beko S.A. Cesko
- Beko Shanghai Trading Co.
- Beko Slovakia S.R.O.
- Beko Thai
- Beko Ukraine LLC
- Bilkom A.Ş.
- Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd
- Demir Export A.Ş.
- Ditaş Deniz İşletmeciliği ve Tankerciliği A.Ş.
- Divan Turizm İşletmeleri A.Ş. – Hotels and restaurants/patisseries
- Düzey A.Ş.
- Elektra Bregenz A.G
- Entek Elektrik Üretimi A.Ş.
- Ford Otomotiv San. A.Ş. – joint venture with Ford
- Grundig Intermedia Gmbh
- Inventram A.Ş.
- Koç Bilgi ve Savunma Teknolojileri A.Ş.
- Koç Fiat Kredi Finansman A.Ş.
- Koç Holding A.Ş.
- Koç Holding Emekli ve Yardım Sandığı Vakfı
- Koç School
- Koç University
- Koçfinans – Koç Finansman A.Ş. – Consumer finance
- KoçSistem Bilgi ve İletişim Hizm. A.Ş.
- Koçtaş Yapı Marketleri A.Ş.
- Marmaris Altınyunus A.Ş.
- Opet Fuchs Madeni Yağ A.Ş.
- Opet International London Ltd.
- Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş.
- Opet Trade (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Otokar Otobüs Karoseri San. A.Ş.
- Otokar Otomotiv ve Savunma Sanayi A.Ş.
- Otokoç Otomotiv Tic. ve San. A.Ş.
- Otokoç Sigorta Aracılık Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Promena Elektronik Ticaret A.Ş.
- Ram Dış Ticaret A.Ş.
- RMK Marine Gemi Yapım Sanayi ve Deniz Taşımacılığı İşletmesi A.Ş.
- S.C. Arctic S.A.
- Setair Hava Taşımacılığı ve Hizm. A.Ş.
- Setur Marinaları Marina ve Yat İşletmeciliği
- Setur Servis Turistik A.Ş.
- Tanı Pazarlama ve İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Tat Gıda Sanayi A.Ş.
- THY OPET Havacılık Yakıtları A.Ş.
- Tofaş – Tofaş Türk Otomobil Fabrikası A.Ş.
- Tüpraş – Tüpraş-Türkiye Petrol Rafinerileri A.Ş.
- Türk Traktör ve Ziraat Makinaları A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaycan
- Yapı Kredi Bank Moskow
- Yapı Kredi Bank Nederland N.V.
- Yapı Kredi Faktoring A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Finansal Kiralama A.O.
- Yapı Kredi Kültür ve Sanat Yayıncılık Tic.ve San.A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Yatırım Menkul Değerler A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi-Koray Gayrimenkul Yatırım Ortaklığı A.Ş.
- Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.
- Zer Merkezi Hizmetler A.Ş.
- Dinamik Radyo ve TV A.Ş.
- "Key People". Koç Holding A.Ş. Retrieved2012-06-16.
- "Selected Historical Data ($)". RetrievedApril 3, 2017.
- "Finansal Raporlar". Retrieved24 April 2015.
- "Group Companies". Koç Holding A.Ş. Retrieved2012-06-16.
- "Koç only Turkish entry on Fortune Global 500 list". TodaysZaman. Archived from the original on 27 January 2016. Retrieved24 April 2015.
- "Forbes, 2010 yÄ±lÄ±nÄ±n milyarderler listesini aÃ§Ä±kladÄ±". 11 March 2010. Retrieved24 April 2015.
- Salihovic, Elnur (2015-10-05). Major Players in the Muslim Business World. Universal-Publishers. ISBN 978-1-62734-052-6.
- The Economist. Economist Newspaper Limited. 2003.
- "UPDATE 1-Turkish conglomerate Koc Holding names new CEO". reuters.com. 2015-02-17. Retrieved2017-04-03.
- Wires, Daily Sabah with (2016-02-22). "Ömer Koç becomes chairman of Turkey's largest conglomerate after death of brother Mustafa Koç". Daily Sabah. Retrieved2020-05-14.
- Yamak, Sibel; Ertuna, Bengi (2017-03-22). A Primer on Corporate Governance: Turkey. Business Expert Press. ISBN 978-1-60649-883-5.